Mission & Values
We are a faith-based, volunteer agency providing compassionate help to women experiencing unplanned pregnancies, post abortion grief, domestic violence and sexual assault.
All peer counselling services are provided free of charge — a gift from the church community to those in crisis.
We believe that human beings are made in the image of God. All humankind has intrinsic value and significance from conception to natural death.
We will maintain the highest standard of honesty and integrity in fulfilling our responsibilities, and will never knowingly misrepresent our services.
Our Commitment of Care & Competence
- Clients are served without regard to race, religion, creed, nationality, age, gender, lifestyle or other arbitrary circumstances.
- Clients are treated with dignity and compassion.
- Client information is held in strict confidence. Client information is only disclosed as required by law and when to protect the client or others against imminent harm.
- We do not offer or refer for abortions or abortifacients. We are committed to offering accurate information about abortion procedures, risks, and abortion alternatives.
- We provide a safe environment by screening all volunteers and staff who are interacting with clients.
- We are governed by a board of directors and operate in accordance with our articles of incorporation and bylaws.
- We comply with applicable legal and regulatory requirements regarding employment, fundraising, financial management, taxation, and public disclosure, including the filing of all applicable government reports in a timely manner.
The Christian Advocacy Society of Greater Vancouver is a registered, non-profit charitable organization. Our Canada Revenue Agency registration number is 13622 3971 RR0001.